December 16, 2011

Blog Post 7

I do not intend to follow all ten tips that Smashing Magazine suggests. I will take each tip into consideration but I do not intend to necessarily follow each one. I don't have a business nor do I intend to have a professional portfolio of my work in the future since I do not plan to work with website design or social networking. I plan to do some form of writing such as professional writing or journalism and I probably will not have use for a online portfolio webiste. However, an acedemic portfolio website might suite me quite well while in college.

Looking at the 40+ beautiful personal portfolio websites, one of my favorites is Greg One because I like the dark background color and the white text is easy to read and catches my eye right away. I also like the links at the top and the way that they are underlined when the user mouses over them.The spacing that the site uses and the minimal amount of words make the site feel clean and not exhausting to read. In order to make this type of portfolio I would need to know HTML and how to code.

No comments:

Post a Comment