October 17, 2011

Blog Post 6

Multimodal Literacy Narrative (by Scannell)
This literacy narrative is interesting and informative. I think the film style gives it a documentary feel and this style works well for the video. However, when I say that it is informative, I have to ask myself what it is informing of. The answer seems to be that I it has not provided me wit any kind of information that I value. The video disccuses a serious of accomplishments that I particular individual achieved. To be honest, that's great for her but not really educational in any way to me. The most I can say is that it is an entertaining video.

Digital Literacy Narrative (by Andfull)
This literacy narritive should have been significantly shorter in legnth considering its repetitive dialogue. Additionally, the adio recording/voice-over needed to be redone for obvious reasons. Personally, I did not find this video interesting or impressive (from a video editing perspective). 

Words, Magic (by Truaman)
I am very inpressed with this literacy narrative. There are a lot of rhetorical strategies being used in it. I especially am impressed with how the video appears very informal as if it'sjust a person with a camera interviewing another individual who has not prepaired or reheared what he's going to say. It's very conversational which might help to capture the audiences attention. Additionally, the story that the man shares is interesting, relatable, and relevant to the message he is sharing.Most importantly, there is a clear point/message present in this video. It's a very well done literacy narrative with many rhetorical elements and a clear message.

Digital Litearcy Narrative (by Peyton)
This literacy narritive might as well have been a paper. The music is annoying. The text on the video is the only redeeming quality.

Literacy Narrative (by Wooten)
This literacy narrative appears very simple but its message is clear and it's quick and to the point. The text and pictures fit well together. The music wasn't bad. Overall, I'd say this was a decent literacy narritive.

In order for these types of texts to be effective they need to have a clear focus/purpose/message, be geared toward a specific audience, and be visually pleasing to viewers.

No comments:

Post a Comment